I just felt like we needed a day off from too much over-thinking about the “What-if”s.” The “What-if’s” will take care of themselves in good time…but in the meantime…let’s go for a chuckle or two today….
Some of you might remember the popular book, a few years back, on humor and spirituality by Father James Martin called Between Heaven and Mirth? Once in an interview Father Martin concluded that laughter is a spiritual release for us…explaining…
“Many times we laugh at something that is ridiculous so there’s a sense of perspective that the world is not perfect. If we can laugh at ourselves, it’s even better. It’s a sense that we’re not God. Even if we just laugh at a joke, we can enjoy life. There’s a release of spiritual energy. It’s like saying “I love this life” or “I enjoy this world” or “I’m not so perfect after all.” How can we say that each of those insights is not spiritual? ”
I have a feeling Father Martin would appreciate the humor in this coronavirus cartoon during the pandemic.
I have received so many hilarious cartoons and videos these past few weeks from friends that have had me doubling over in laughter at man’s attempts to control something as massive as an invisible enemy who has successfully captured our world as we know it. It is our sometimes feeble attempts that bring humor into a serious time…but oh how we need the release!
I love homespun humor the best…the closer it gets to everyday life…the funnier I find it. With the tight quarters couples and families are living in while quarantined…this observation had me laughing out loud.
Libby sent me these stand-alone humorous coronavirus situations… that we can all relate to in daily life these days.
- Tomorrow is the National Home School Tornado Drill. Lock your kids in the basement until you give the all clear. (You’re welcome) 🙂
- I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm… just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.
- 2019- Stay away from negative people. 2020- Stay away from positive people.
- The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!
- You think its bad now? In 20 years, our country will be run by people home-schooled by day drinkers.
- This virus has done what no woman had been able to do- cancel all sports, shut down all bars, and keep men at home.
- Since we can’t eat out, now’s the perfect time to eat better, get fit, and stay healthy. We’re quarantined! Who are we trying to impress? We have snacks, we have sweatpants- I say we use them!
- Day 14 at home and the dog is looking at me like “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”
- Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands????
- I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6-foot pole” would become a national policy…but here we are!
- Me: “Alexa, What’s the weather this weekend?” Alexa: “It doesn’t matter- you’re not going anywhere.”
- Can everyone please just follow the government instructions so we can knock out this coronavirus and be done? I feel like a kindergartner who keeps losing more recess time because one or two kids can’t follow directions?
- I never thought that I could wear a mask into a bank and ask for money and not get arrested.
- When this is over…what meeting do I attend first?…Weight watchers or AA?
- Quarantine has turned us into dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food. We are told “No” if we get too close to strangers. And we get really excited about car rides! 🙂
I hope you got a chuckle or two…perhaps a hint of a smile, or even a knee-slapping guffaw!
“Today is my favorite day” Winnie the Pooh
Besides laughter blooming in my garden…here are some more pretties..I love sun-loving flowers, especially in clusters and for the first time the magnolia bush looks like it’s planning a surprise party.